Last Updated: December 2, 2015
Like many websites, we gather information about how visitors use our Site. In general, you can visit many of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may track your visit for trends and statistics, but you will remain anonymous unless you tell us who you are. Once you choose to give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
The following are the types of information we collect:
Information you give us: When you register for or otherwise use the Site, we receive and securely store the information such as your name, email address, phone number, address, credit card information and any feedback, questions, or recommendations that you provide to us. Some of our web pages may allow you to submit questions and comments in public areas of the Site, and such information may be read, collected, and used by us and other users of the Site. If you provide information directly to us in other ways, such as by sending us an email, we may retain that information and add it with the other information we have collected from you but will not share that information on the Site unless you give us permission to do so.
Information from third parties: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as from friends who refer you to us, or otherwise. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you.
We use and disclose your personal information only as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Site. For example, we may use or disclose your personal information:
- To operate and improve our site
- To fulfill your requests for certain products or services
- To better understand your needs and provide you with more customized service
- To communicate with you about the Site or our products and services
- To respond to any questions or concerns that you may have
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity
- To third party contractors that provide services to us and are contractually bound to safeguard your personal information (i.e. credit card processers)
- To third parties in connection with any merger, acquisition, reorganization, change in capital structure or sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Magnet
- To third party service providers designated by you with your express consent
- When we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with law, protect or defend our rights or the rights of other users of our Site or products or services, or act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety; or otherwise with your express consent
- To access and review your information i) if you browse Magnet’s career opportunities, -ii) if you use Magnet’s employment application, iii) for use with background check companies, but only with your consent, or iv) as may be required by U.S. Law or country-specific laws. You consent to such usage prior to your entering any such personal data.
We may create nonpersonally identifying anonymous or aggregate data from the information we collect. We may use that anonymous or aggregate data for our own purposes or disclose it to third parties in our own discretion.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we do not guarantee its absolute security. We want you to feel confident using the Magnet Site but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s web site at (www.FTC.gov) for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
If you have any questions about security of our Site you can contact us using the information provided below.
Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who may place advertisements on our Site may use their own cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, web bugs and other technology to collect information about you. We do not control these companies’ use of such technology and we have no responsibility for the use of such technology by these companies to gather information about you.
HOW TO REVIEW, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, follow the instructions below to review, modify or delete your personal information.
To modify the information you have provided during registration, please login and update your personal settings. To unsubscribe from an email, please follow the instructions in any email you receive.
If you request your registration information be deleted or if you unsubscribe from communications, we may maintain information about sales transactions or service inquiries for future service and record keeping purposes.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (mail to:email@example.com)
If you have a data privacy complaint, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (mail to:email@example.com).
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which a Magnet Site has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request and include the name of the Site with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Please also visit our Site for other resources and terms and conditions that govern use of our Site and our services.